City of Georgetown offices will be closed Monday, Jan. 16, in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday. There will be normal solid waste and recycling collection on Jan. 16.
City offices and facilities closed Jan. 16 for MLK Day include the following:
- Animal Shelter, 110 Walden Drive
- Art Center, 816 S. Main St.
- City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Council and Courts Building (including Municipal Court), 510 W. Ninth St.
- Georgetown Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Grace Heritage Center, 817 S. Main St. (reservations for Jan. 16 can be made in advance).
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Planning Department, 809 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center, Police Records, and Fire Support Services offices, 3500 D.B. Wood Road
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
- Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh St.
Facilities open Jan. 16
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive, will be open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Garey Park, 6450 RM 2243, will be open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Collection Station, 250 W.L. Walden Drive, will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
GoGeo paratransit service
There will be no service Monday, Jan. 16.
Solid Waste and Recycling Collection
There will be normal residential solid waste and recycling collection for Texas Disposal Systems customers in the City of Georgetown on Monday, Jan. 16. For questions about solid waste collection, call TDS at 512-930-1715.
MLK Day events
There are several groups hosting a variety of events in honor of MLK Day. Read more about MLK Day events.