City of Georgetown seeks applications for Civic Leadership Academy
The City of Georgetown’s Civic Leadership Academy, which was established in 2021, seeks to educate, connect, and inspire leaders to develop a strong commitment to community service for the greater good of Georgetown.
The academy provides a learning experience for existing and emerging leaders to understand City services and functions, while building the skills and knowledge to succeed in City leadership roles. Participants of the program are given the opportunity to develop an understanding of the promises and challenges facing our community, as well as their role as future City leaders.
The eight-month program meets from 2-6 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month, except for the first class, which will meet Sept. 29.
Applications will be accepted through Sept. 15.
To be eligible, participants should be a resident of the City of Georgetown and be able to attend six out of eight sessions.
Benefits of participating in the program include:
- an enhanced understanding of Georgetown local government, community challenges, and decision-making
- relationships with other community and local government leaders
- insight into how to use data to articulate challenges and advocate for resources for your community
- an in-depth look at how the City works and develop specialized knowledge about the City’s departments and programs
- information about how to become an effective community leader
To learn more and apply, visit government.georgetown.org/georgetown-civic-leadership-academy.
This will be the second class of Georgetown’s Civic Leadership Academy. Thirty-four Georgetown residents graduated the first class in June 2022.