The City of Georgetown Parks and Recreation Department is hosting family-focused event to celebrate Family Health & Fitness Day. The free event will last from 3 to 5 p.m. Saturday, June 11, at the Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
Celebrated the second Saturday of June each year, NRPA’s Family Health & Fitness Day is an opportunity for local community members to get out and discover all of the health benefits provided by their local parks and recreation department.
- Family Boot Camp demo class
- DanceFit for Kids demo class
- Sticky Fingers Cooking demo
- Health & wellness vendors
- Family-friendly competitions: tug of war, beach volleyball, hula hoop contest, and obstacle course
- Prizes and giveaways
Nonprofits, health professionals, service providers, and retailers of health and wellness products are invited to participate as a vendor or to sponsor an activity. To find out how your business can take advantage of Georgetown Parks and Recreation sponsorship options, contact:
Courtney Butler, Community Engagement Coordinator