City of Georgetown offices will be closed Monday, May 30, for the Memorial Day holiday. There will be normal solid waste and recycling collection on May 30.
The annual Memorial Day Ceremony will start at 9:30 a.m. May 30 in Sun City. Details below.
City offices closed May 30
City offices and facilities closed May 30 for Memorial Day include the following:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive
- Animal Shelter, 110 Walden Drive
- Art Center, 816 S. Main St.
- City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Council and Courts Building (including Municipal Court), 510 W. Ninth St.
- Georgetown Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Grace Heritage Center, 817 S. Main St.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Planning Department, 809 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center, Police Records, and Fire Support Services offices, 3500 D.B. Wood Road
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
- Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh St.
Facilities open May 30
- Garey Park, 6450 RM 2243, will be open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Collection Station, 250 W.L. Walden Drive, will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Some City pools open Memorial Day weekend
The four City of Georgetown pools will have modified opening hours, because of a shortage of lifeguards.
Beginning Saturday, May 28, the Recreation Center outdoor pool will be open Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Friday-Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Williams Drive pool will be open seven days a week, 1 to 7 p.m. The Recreation Center outdoor pool will be closed May 30. The Village and River Ridge pools will remain closed.
Beginning Friday, June 10, the Village Pool will open Thursday-Monday, 1 to 7 p.m., and River Ridge Pool will operate Wednesday-Sunday, 1 to 7 p.m. The Williams Drive Pool will shift to a Tuesday-Sunday schedule, with operating hours 1 to 7 p.m. The Recreation Center outdoor pool will increase operating hours to Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Click here for more details.
Splash pads: The splash pads at San Jose Park, 1707 San Jose St.; Downtown, 816 S. Main St.; and Rabbit Hill Park, 1109 Blue Ridge Drive, are open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day through Sept. 30. The splash pad at Garey Park is open daily during park hours from April 1-Oct. 31. The Garey Park splash pad closes 30 minutes prior to park closing.
GoGeo paratransit service
There will be no service Monday, May 30.
Solid Waste and Recycling Collection
There will be normal solid waste and recycling collection for City of Georgetown customers on Monday, May 30. Carts should be at the curb by 7 a.m. on pickup day. The Collection Station, 250 W.L. Walden Drive, will be open normal hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Monday, May 30, for the Memorial Day holiday.
For questions about solid waste collection, call TDS at 512-930-1715.
Curative COVID-19 testing site
The COVID-19 testing site located at 707 S. Martin Luther King Jr. St. (near the Georgetown Public Library) will be closed Monday, May 30.
Memorial Day Ceremony and Reception
The annual Memorial Day Ceremony will start at 9:30 a.m. Monday, May 30, at the Georgetown-Williamson County Veterans Memorial Plaza in Sun City, 2 Texas Drive. The event will honor the men and women of our armed forces who gave their lives in service to our country and our freedom and include remarks from a guest speaker, retired Marine Corps General Robert B. Neller. It is free and open to the public.