City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 25, and Friday, Nov. 26, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. There is no solid waste or recycling collection on Thanksgiving Day (details below).
City facilities and offices closed Nov. 25-26 include the following:
- Animal Shelter, 110 W.L. Walden Drive
- City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Council and Courts Building (including Municipal Court), 510 W. Ninth St.
- Georgetown Art Center, 816 S. Main St.
- Georgetown Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Planning Department, 809 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center, Police Records and Fire Support Services offices, 3500 D.B. Wood Road
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
Other Facility Closures
The facilities listed below will be closed Thursday, Nov. 25, and open these hours on Friday, Nov. 26:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive: Open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Garey Park, 6450 RM 2243: Open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Transfer Station, 250 W. L. Walden Drive: Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh St.: Open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Georgetown Public Library will close at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 24, and reopen 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 27.
Solid Waste & Recycling
There will be no trash or recycling pickup for Texas Disposal Systems customers in the City of Georgetown on Thursday, Nov. 25. Solid waste collection for Thursday and Friday slides one day:
- Thursday slides to Friday
- Friday slides to Saturday
Solid waste and recycling carts should be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on pickup day. For questions, call TDS at 512-930-1715.
The Transfer Station at 250 W. L. Walden Drive will be closed Thursday, Nov. 25 (Thanksgiving Day), but open regular hours, which are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Friday, Nov. 26.
Curative COVID-19 Testing Site
The COVID-19 testing site located at 707 S. Martin Luther King Jr. St. (near the Georgetown Public Library) will be closed Thursday, Nov. 25, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Georgetown has multiple events the week and weekend of Thanksgiving, including:
- Lighting of the Square: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 26, on the east steps of the historic Williamson County Courthouse, 710 S. Main St.
- Shop Small Saturday: Starting at 10 a.m. Nov. 27, holiday shoppers and visitors are encouraged to celebrate the season and support a small business by shopping at locally owned businesses. Participating retailers and restaurants will have specials and discounts available.
- Artist Sunday: On Nov. 28, shoppers are encouraged to support local artists, and art-based businesses will have unique offerings perfect for gifting to friends and family.
There will be no community Thanksgiving meal this year; however, we are working to bring it back in 2022.