The City of Georgetown is creating a Civic Leadership Academy to educate, connect, and inspire leaders to develop a strong commitment to community service for the greater good of Georgetown.
The academy will provide a learning experience for existing and emerging leaders to understand City services and functions while building the skills and knowledge to succeed in City leadership roles. Participants of the program are given the opportunity to develop an understanding of the promises and challenges facing our community, as well as their role as future City leaders.
The eight month program will meet from 2-6 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month, except for the first class, which will meet Sept. 30.
Applications will be accepted through Sept. 15.
To be eligible to attend, participants should be a resident of the City of Georgetown and be able to attend 6 out of 8 sessions.
Benefits of participating in the program include:
- an enhanced understanding of Georgetown local government, community challenges, and decision-making
- relationships with other community and local government leaders
- insight into how to use data to articulate challenges and advocate for resources for your community
- an in-depth look at how the City works and develop specialized knowledge about the City’s departments and programs
- information about how to become an effective community leader
To learn more and apply, visit government.georgetown.org/georgetown-civic-leadership-academy.