City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, May 31, for the Memorial Day holiday. This includes the following:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive
- Animal Shelter, 110 W.L. Walden Drive
- City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Light and Water Works Building, 406 W. Eighth St.
- Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Municipal Court, 510 W. Ninth St.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center, Police Records and Fire Support Services offices, 3500 D.B. Wood Road
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
- Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh St.
Garey Park, 6450 RM 2243, will be open from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday, May 31.
GoGeo transit service
There will be no GoGeo bus transit service on Monday, May 31.
Pools open Memorial Day weekend
The Recreation Center Outdoor, Williams Drive, and Village Pool will open for the summer season Saturday, May 29. The Recreation Center Outdoor Pool will be closed May 30-31. For more information, call 512-930-3596 or visit parks.georgeotwn.org/pools-and-splash-pads.
Splash pads: The splash pads at San Jose Park, 1707 San Jose St., Downtown, 816 S. Main St., and Rabbit Hill Park, 1109 Blue Ridge Drive, are open 9 a.m.-8 p.m. each day through Sept. 30. The splash pad at Garey Park is open daily during park hours from April 1-Oct. 31. The Garey Park splash pad closes 30 minutes prior to park closing.
Solid waste and recycling
There will be normal solid waste and recycling collection for City of Georgetown customers on Monday, May 31. Carts should be at the curb by 7 a.m. on pickup day. The Collection Station at 250 W.L. Walden Drive will be open normal hours, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., on Monday, May 31, for the Memorial Day holiday.