City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed Thursday, Dec. 24, and Friday, Dec. 25, in observance of the Christmas holiday. City offices also will be closed on Friday, Jan. 1, in observance of the New Year’s holiday. This includes the following:
- Animal Shelter, 110 W.L. Walden Drive
- City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Municipal Court, 510 W. Ninth St.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Planning Department, 809 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center, Police Records and Fire Support Services offices, 3500 D.B. Wood Road
City of Georgetown facilities with weekend or evening hours will observe these closures:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive: closed Dec. 25, closed Jan. 1
- Garey Park, 6450 RM 2243: closed Dec. 24-25
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.: closed Dec. 24-25, open Dec. 31 (closing at 6 p.m.), closed Jan. 1
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive: closed Dec. 24-25, open Dec. 31 (closing at 6 p.m.) closed Jan. 1
- Transfer Station, 250 W.L. Walden Drive: will close at noon Dec. 24 and is closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1
- Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh St.: Open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 24; closed Dec. 25, open Dec. 31, closed Jan. 1
GoGeo bus service
There will be no service Thursday, Dec. 24, Friday, Dec. 25, and Friday, Jan. 1.
Solid Waste and Recycling Collection
The holidays will affect solid waste and recycling pickups. Texas Disposal Systems will not collect solid waste and recycling on Friday, Dec. 25, or Friday, Jan. 1. For both holidays, Friday collection will slide to Saturday. To look up your collection day and to determine how the holidays will affect your collection, visit texasdisposal.com/waste-wizard.
For questions about solid waste and recycling collection, call TDS at 512-930-1715.