City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed Tuesday, Dec. 24, and Wednesday, Dec. 25, in observance of the Christmas holiday. City offices also will be closed on Wednesday, Jan. 1, in observance of the New Year’s holiday. This includes the following:
- City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Municipal Court, 510 W. Ninth St.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Planning Department, 406 W. Eighth St.
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center, Police Records and Fire Support Services offices, 3500 D.B. Wood Road
City of Georgetown facilities with weekend or evening hours will observe these closures:
- Animal Shelter, 110 W.L. Walden Drive, closed Dec. 24-25, closed Jan. 1
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive: closed Dec. 25, closed Jan. 1
- Collection Station, 250 W.L. Walden Drive: will close at noon Dec. 24 and is closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1
- Garey Park, 6450 RM 2243: closed Dec. 24-25
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth St.: closing weekdays at 6 p.m. and closing at 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays, closed Dec. 24-25 and Jan. 1, regular hours resume Jan. 2
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.: closed Dec. 24-25, open Dec. 31 (closing at 6 p.m.), closed Jan. 1, regular hours resume Jan. 2
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive: open Dec. 23 (closing at 6 p.m.), closed Dec. 24-25, open Dec. 26-29 (closing at 6 p.m.) closed Jan. 1, regular hours resume Jan. 2
- Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh St.: closing at noon Dec. 24; closed Dec. 25, open Dec. 31, closed Jan. 1
GoGeo bus service
The bus will run on limited hours Dec. 24 from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. There will be no service Wednesday, Dec. 25 and Tuesday, Jan. 1.
Solid Waste and Recycling Collection
The holidays will affect solid waste and recycling pickups Dec. 25-Jan. 5. Collection days for Texas Disposal Systems customers will slide one day for the week. TDS will not collect waste on Wednesday, Dec. 25 or Jan. 1. Wednesday collection will slide to Thursday, Thursday to Friday and so on.
For questions about solid waste and recycling collection, call TDS at (512) 930-1715.