Halloween is an exciting time for trick-or-treaters and those who join in the spirit of the holiday. As the festivities begin, being mindful of some safety precautions can help ensure a happy Halloween for the community. Here are crime prevention tips from Georgetown Police Department to make your family’s night fun and ghoulish!
• Check your children’s candy before they eat it.
• Remind children not to enter anyone’s home or car.
• Set a time for trick-or-treaters to be home.
• Tie small glow sticks or use reflective tape on your child’s costume.
• Always walk, never run across a street.
• Have adults accompany trick-or-treaters.
• Only give out commercially wrapped treats.
• Do not cross streets between parked cars, in the middle of a block or diagonally through an intersection.
• Stay in populated areas and avoid walking in back alleys or across fields.
For more information, visit pd.georgetown.org.