Arts and Culture Board seeks grant proposals for projects, events
The Georgetown Arts and Culture Board is seeking grant proposals for art, music, theater, dance, and cultural heritage events or projects to take place in Georgetown between October 2019 and March 2020.
Nonprofit organizations, schools, informal arts and culture organizations, and individual artists who are creating public art, arts and culture programming, or an event open to the public are eligible to apply, with the exception of those who received grants last year. Grants awarded last year averaged $1,400 apiece.
Proposals should include:
- Contact information for someone who is readily available to answer questions about the proposal
- Purpose and description of the event or project
- Amount being requested and total budget, including other anticipated funding sources
- Date, location, admission charge, and anticipated attendance
- Size and demographic makeup of past audiences or participants
Special consideration will be given for events or projects that meet one or more of these criteria:
- Free admission
- Outreach to populations that are traditionally underrepresented
- A cultural tourism or economic impact
Organizations or individuals that receive funding will be required to follow up by:
- Recognizing the City of Georgetown Arts and Culture Board in their advertising and programs
- Submitting a one-page report to the Arts and Culture Board with a description of the use of grant funds and copies of event promotion materials
Grant proposals must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, June 30. Organizations will be notified by email about funding decisions in July.
To submit a grant proposal, visit arts.georgetown.org. If you have questions, contact Amanda Still at (512) 930-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.