City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed Monday, Dec. 25, and Tuesday, Dec. 26, in observance of the Christmas holiday. City offices also will be closed on Monday, Jan. 1, in observance of the New Year’s holiday. This includes the following:
- Animal Shelter, 110 W.L. Walden Drive
- City Hall, 113 E. Eighth St.
- Economic Development, 809 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Municipal Court, 101 E. Seventh St.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Planning Department, 406 W. Eighth St.
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center, Police Records and Fire Support Services offices, 3500 D.B. Wood Road
City of Georgetown facilities with weekend or evening hours will observe these closures:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive: closed Dec. 25, closed Jan. 1
- Collection Station, 250 W.L. Walden Drive: closed Dec. 24-25, open Dec. 26, closed Dec. 31, closed Jan. 1, open Jan. 2
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth St.: closing weekdays at 6 p.m. and closing at 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays, closed Dec. 24-26 and Jan. 1, regular hours resume Jan. 2
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.: open Dec. 23 (closing at 6 p.m.), closed Dec. 24-26, open Dec. 31 (closing at 6 p.m.), closed Jan. 1, open Jan. 2 (opening at 8 a.m.)
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive: closed Dec. 24-26, closed Jan. 1, open. Jan. 2 (opening at 8:30 a.m.)
- Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh St.: closed Dec. 24-25, open Dec. 31, closed Jan. 1
GoGeo bus service
There will be no service Monday, Dec. 25 and on Monday, Jan. 1.
Solid Waste and Recycling Collection
The holidays will affect solid waste and recycling pickups Dec. 25-Jan. 6. Collection days for Texas Disposal Systems customers will slide one day for the week. TDS will not collect waste on Monday, Dec. 25 or Jan. 1. Monday collection will slide to Tuesday, Tuesday to Wednesday and so on.
For questions about solid waste and recycling collection, call TDS at (512) 930-1715.