Labor Day closings
City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, Sept. 4 for the Labor Day holiday. This includes these locations:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive
- Animal Shelter, 110 W.L. Walden Drive
- City Hall, 113 E. Eighth St.
- Economic Development, 809 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Municipal Court, 101 E. Seventh St.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Planning Department, 406 W. Eighth St.
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center lobby,
3500 D.B. Wood Road
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
The Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh St., will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Swimming Pools and Aquatics
The Williams Drive pool at 3201 Williams Drive will reopen Saturday, Sept. 2, for three days through Monday, Sept. 4. Hours are 1 to 7 p.m. each of those three days. Other outdoor seasonal pools have closed for the summer season.
The splash pads at San Jose Park, 1707 San Jose St., and at the Art Center, 816 S. Main St., will remain open through the month of September.
Recycling and solid waste
There will be regular recycling and solid waste collection for City of Georgetown customers on Monday, Sept. 4. Please place carts at the curb by 7 a.m. on your scheduled pickup day. For questions, call Texas Disposal Systems at (512) 930-1715.
The Collection Station at 250 W.L. Walden Drive will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 4.