The Georgetown Arts and Culture Board is seeking grant proposals for art, music, theater and cultural heritage events or projects to take place in Georgetown between Oct. 1 and Nov. 3
Nonprofit organizations, schools, informal arts and culture organizations, and individual artists who are creating public art or an event open to the public are eligible to apply, with the exception of those who were funded in the previous round of grants. The total budget for grants is $10,000. Recent grants have averaged $2,000 apiece.
Proposals should include:
- Contact information for someone who is readily available to answer questions about the proposal
- Purpose and description of the event or project
- Amount being requested and total budget, including other anticipated funding sources
- Date, location, admission charge, and anticipated attendance
- Size and demographic makeup of past audiences or participants
Special consideration will be given for events or projects that meet one or more of these criteria:
- Are free admission
- Include outreach to populations that are traditionally underrepresented
- Have a cultural tourism or economic impact
Organizations or individuals that receive funding will be required to follow up by:
- Recognizing the City of Georgetown Arts and Culture Board in their advertising and programs
- Submitting a one-page report to the Arts and Culture Board no later than Jan. 31, 2018, with a description of the use of grant funds and copies of event promotion materials
Grant proposals must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, June 6. Organizations will be notified by email about funding decisions by June 30.
To submit a grant proposal, visit arts.georgetown.org/call-for-arts-and-culture-grant-proposals-2. If you have questions, contact Lawren Weiss at (512) 930-3551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.