Come find out about upcoming City projects and event updates at the next quarterly Downtown Lowdown meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 18.
The informal meeting starts at 8:30 a.m. at Roots Bistro, 118 W. Eighth St. Coffee and light breakfast snacks will be provided. There will be updates from City staff on:
- Retail Strategy and Recruitment Plan update
- Downtown Business Retention visits
- Art Center and Library events
- Introduction of the City’s new Community Resource Coordinator and Chief Code Enforcement Officer
- Historic Resource Survey update
- Grace Heritage Center renovation
- Downtown West update
- Austin Avenue Bridge update
- Proposed sidewalk and road projects in the downtown for Fiscal Year 2017
- Founders Park and VFW Park update
- 8th Annual Georgetown Swirl invitation
- Downtown sales tax trends
Also, find out about new businesses in the downtown district that have opened or are under construction.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 17 to Jackson Daly at (512) 819-3115 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.