Downtown Lowdown Meeting on Jan. 18
Come find out about upcoming City projects and event updates at the next quarterly Downtown Lowdown meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 18.
The informal meeting starts at 8:30 a.m. at Roots Bistro, 118 W. Eighth St. Coffee and light breakfast snacks will be provided. There will be updates from City staff on:
- Retail Strategy and Recruitment Plan update
- Downtown Business Retention visits
- Art Center and Library events
- Introduction of the City’s new Community Resource Coordinator and Chief Code Enforcement Officer
- Historic Resource Survey update
- Grace Heritage Center renovation
- Downtown West update
- Austin Avenue Bridge update
- Proposed sidewalk and road projects in the downtown for Fiscal Year 2017
- Founders Park and VFW Park update
- 8th Annual Georgetown Swirl invitation
- Downtown sales tax trends
Also, find out about new businesses in the downtown district that have opened or are under construction.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 17 to Jackson Daly at (512) 819-3115 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.