City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed on Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. There is no solid waste or recycling collection on Thanksgiving Day (details below).
City facilities and offices closed November 24 – 25 include the following:
- Animal Shelter, 110 Walden Drive
- City Hall, 113 E. Eighth Street
- Economic Development, 809 Martin Luther King, Jr. Street
- Library, 402 W. Eighth Street
- Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Avenue
- Municipal Court, 101 E. Seventh Street
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College Street
- Planning, 406 W. Eighth Street
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Avenue
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
Other Facility Closures
The facilities listed below will be closed on Thursday, November 24 and open these hours on Friday, November 25:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive, open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Collection Station, 250 W. L. Walden Drive, open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh Street, open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Georgetown Public Library will close at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, November 23 and reopen for normal hours at 9 a.m. on Saturday, November 26.
Solid Waste & Recycling
There will be no trash or recycling pickup for Texas Disposal Systems customers in the City of Georgetown on Thursday, November 24. Solid waste collection for Thursday and Friday slides one day:
- Thursday slides > to Friday
- Friday slides > to Saturday
Solid waste and recycling carts should be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on pickup day. For questions, call TDS at (512) 930-1715.
The Collection Station at 250 W. L. Walden Drive will be closed on Thursday, November 24 (Thanksgiving Day), but open regular hours, which are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Friday, November 25.
Note that the Williamson County Recycle Center at 495 CR 156, which accepts vouchers for household hazardous waste, is closed Sunday, November 20 through Sunday, November 27.