We are still in the first month of 2015, but a lot has already happened in downtown Georgetown and the projects for the year are just beginning! To find out about upcoming City projects and event updates, plan to come to the next quarterly Downtown Low-Down meeting on Wednesday, January 21.
The informal meeting starts at 8:30 a.m. at Roots Bistro, 118 W. Eighth Street. Coffee and light breakfast snacks will be provided. There will be updates from City staff on:
- Utility and street work on Second and Ninth streets
- Downtown parking study kickoff
- Parking lot at Eighth and Martin Luther King, Jr. streets
- City website redesign update
- Arts Center events
- Library events
- Breakfast Bites on February 11
- The Georgetown Swirl on March 7
- Updated historic preservation processes
- Upcoming city projects for fiscal year 2014-2015
Also, find out about new businesses in the downtown district that have opened or are under construction.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, January 20 to Jackson Daly at (512) 931-7679 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.