ArchivedCity HallFire Department

Fire Station 2 Dedication Photos

The Georgetown Fire Department dedicated the new Fire Station 2 on Williams Drive this morning. (Click on photos for a larger version.)

FS2 front1b-1000

Elected officials and community members joined the Fire Department to open the new station. The facility was open for tours after the ceremony.

pipes3b-400

The Georgetown Fire Department Pipes and Drums Band played at the ceremony.

hose1b-1000

A ceremonial hose uncoupling, the fire service version of the ribbon cutting, officially opened the new station. Pictured left to right are Council Member Jerry Hammerlun, City Manager Paul Brandenburg, Mayor George Garver, Fire Chief John Sullivan, City Council Member Bill Sattler, Mayor Pro Tem Danny Meigs, and Assistant Fire Chief Clay Shell.

oath probies1b-1000

At the dedication, Fire Chief John Sullivan inducted three new firefighters who took the oath of office: Clint Gray, Aubrey Reeves, and Chad Roberts.

dorm1b-400

In the new station, each firefighter working on a shift has a dorm room with a bed and locker.

fitness1b-500

The station has a fitness room with free weights and machines.

table1b-600

Battalion Chief Jeff Davis tells people on the tour about a custom wood dining table made by the firefighters. Two fire hydrants serve as pedestals for the table.

Shell-brick1b-800

After the ceremony, Assistant Fire Chief Clay Shell picks up a piece of masonry from the old Fire Station 2, which is being demolished. Shell worked as a firefighter in the old station for several years in the 1990s.

The old Fire Station 2 behind the new station was only 1,600 square feet compared to 8,300 square feet for the new station. After the old building is torn down, the area will become green space.

The new fire station was built on property the City acquired next to the old station, which allows fire trucks to exit directly onto Williams Drive, improving visibility for cross traffic. The new Fire Station 2 has three truck bays and houses an engine company as well a hazardous-materials unit. The station provides coverage for much of the central part of the city and downtown.

The new Fire Station 2 was designed by KAH Architecture from Round Rock and built by Chasco Constructors from Round Rock.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email