Memorial Day closings and pool schedule
City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, May 27, for the Memorial Day holiday. This includes the following:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive
- Animal Shelter, 110 W.L. Walden Drive
- City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King, Jr. St.
- Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Light and Water Works Building, 406 W. Eighth St.
- Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Municipal Court, 510 W. Ninth St.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center, Police Records and Fire Support Services offices, 3500 D.B. Wood Road
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
The Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh St., will be open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Monday, May 27. Garey Park, 6450 RM 2243 will be open normal hours, 8 a.m.-8 p.m., on Monday, May 27.
GoGeo transit service
There will be no GoGeo bus transit service on Monday, May 27.
Pools open Memorial Day weekend
All seasonal outdoor pools will open Saturday, May 25, and Sunday, May 26, but will close May 28-30. Below are hours for City pools on Memorial Day.
Seasonal Outdoor Pools: The Village, River Ridge, and Williams Drive pools will be open 1 to 7 p.m. on Monday, May 27. The Tennis Center Pool will be closed on Monday, May 27.
Outdoor Play Pool at the Recreation Center will be open 10 a.m.-8 p.m. on Saturday, May 25. The play pool will be closed May 26-May 30, and will reopen for normal hours Friday, May 31.
Splash pads: The splash pads at San Jose Park, 1707 San Jose St. and Downtown, 816 S. Main St. and Rabbit Hill Park, 1109 Blue Ridge Drive are open 9 a.m.-8 p.m. each day through Sept. 30. The splash pad at Garey Park is open daily during park hours from March 9 through October 31. The Garey Park splash pad closes 30 minutes prior to park closing.
The outdoor pools will close May 28-30, but will reopen May 31 and remain open for normal summer hours.
For details, go to parks.georgetown.org/aquatics or call (512) 930-3596.
Solid waste and recycling
There will be normal solid waste and recycling collection for City of Georgetown customers on Monday, May 27. Carts should be at the curb by 7 a.m. on pickup day. The Collection Station at 250 W.L. Walden Drive will be open normal hours, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., on Monday, May 27, for the Memorial Day holiday.