Georgetown Parks and Recreation will offer spring break camps March 14-18 for youth ages 5-16. Pricing and schedules vary for each program.
Participants can select from six camps:
- Adventure Camp: Hill Country Happenings (ages 11-13; $240 resident/$300 nonresident) will explore different locations around the Texas Hill Country each day during spring break. Adventures include caving at Whirlpool Cave; hiking and rappelling at Pedernales Falls State Park; kayak fishing on the Lower Llano River; rock climbing at Reimers Ranch; and whitewater kayaking on the Guadalupe River.
- Basketball Skills Camp (ages 6-16; $100 resident/$125 nonresident) will offer participants the opportunity to improve ball handling, shooting, footwork, defense techniques, and other game-related training.
- Camp Goodwater (ages 5-12; $155 resident/$195 nonresident) includes a variety of activities, such as games, crafts, and weird science projects.
- Junior Tennis Academy (ages 12-16; $100 resident/$125 nonresident) is designed for the more advanced, competitive player. This camp focuses on the fundamentals of stroke production, conditioning, footwork, tactics, strategy, and match-play scenarios.
- Soccer Camp (ages 6-16; $200 resident/$250 nonresident) is an action-packed camp hosted by Manchester School of Soccer.
- Tennis Camp (ages 7-12; $155 resident/$195 nonresident) focuses on stroke instruction, footwork drills, court games, and match play.
Spring break camp registration is now open. For more information and to register, visit parks.georgetown.org/camp or call 512-930-3596.