Arts and Culture Board seeks grant proposals for projects, events
The Georgetown Arts and Culture Board is seeking grant proposals for art, music, theater, dance, and cultural heritage events or projects to take place in Georgetown between April and September 2021. The call for grant proposals are due Dec. 31.
Nonprofit organizations, schools, and informal arts and culture organizations who are creating public art, arts and culture programming, or an event open to the public are eligible to apply. Organizations that received grant funding in the previous grant cycle are not eligible to apply. Grants awarded last year averaged $1,000 apiece.
Due to the continued obstacles to holding events because of the pandemic, the grants will also include funding options for organizational development such as strategic planning, board training, and professional development that will help fulfill the mission of the organization.
Proposals should include:
- Contact information for someone who is readily available to answer questions about the proposal
- Purpose and description of the event or project
- Amount being requested and total budget, including other anticipated funding sources
- Date, location, admission charge, and anticipated attendance
- Size and demographic makeup of past audiences or participants
Special consideration will be given for events or projects that meet one or more of these criteria:
- Free admission
- Outreach to populations that are traditionally underrepresented
- A cultural tourism or economic impact
Organizations or individuals that receive funding will be required to follow up by:
- Recognizing the City of Georgetown Arts and Culture Board in their advertising and programs
- Submitting a one-page report to the Arts and Culture Board with a description of the use of grant funds and copies of event promotion materials
Grant proposals must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 31. Organizations will be notified by email about funding decisions in January.
To submit a grant proposal and get more information about the grant program and requirements, visit arts.georgetown.org. If you have questions, contact Amanda Still at 512-930-8471 or email@example.com.