City to host household hazardous waste collection event Oct. 21
Oct 13, 2020
The City will host a household hazardous waste collection event from 3-6 p.m. Oct. 21 at the old show barn in San Gabriel Park, 425 E. Morrow St.
The collection event will be open for Georgetown solid waste customers. To participate, residents must show a current utility bill along with an ID with a matching address.
Due to COVID-19 safety restrictions, residents must remain in their vehicles during the no-contact collection. Staff will unload items from the back seat or trunk of the vehicle.
All items to be dropped off must be in its marked original containers. Commercial disposal and trailers are not allowed.
Acceptable items include:
- Batteries (household, hearing aids, cell phone, etc.)
- Automobile batteries
- Pool and spa chemicals
- Used oil/oil filters (up to five gallons per vehicle)
- Transmission fluid
- Light bulbs (including four-foot fluorescent, curly, regular)
- Over the counter, home lawn and garden chemicals
- Household cleaners and disinfectants marked caution, warning, or poison
- Art and hobby chemicals
- Paint (up to 10 gallons per vehicle)
- Clothing and household items for nonprofits Goodwill and Josco
- Over the counter one-pound disposal propane bottles
- Gasoline (up to five gallons per vehicle)
Unacceptable items include:
- Unmarked containers or unknown chemicals
- No construction, commercial, or landscape waste
- Professional, concentrated chemicals that require a professional license to mix
- Medications or pharmaceuticals
- Oxygen tanks
- Explosives (including ammunition and fireworks)
- Radioactive materials
- Biological materials
For more information, visit recycle.georgetown.org.