City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, September 7 for the Labor Day holiday. This includes the following:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive
- Animal Shelter, 110 W.L. Walden Drive
- City Hall, 113 E. Eighth Street
- Georgetown Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Avenue
- Municipal Court, 101 E. Seventh Street
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College Street
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth Street
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Avenue
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
- Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh Street
Swimming Pools and Aquatics
Most of the outdoor seasonal pools have closed for the summer season. The splash pads at San Jose Park, 1707 San Jose Street and at the Art Center, 816 S. Main Street, will remain open through the month of September.
The Williams Drive pool at 3201 Williams Drive will reopen on Saturday, September 5 through Monday, September 7. Hours are 1 to 7 p.m. each of those three days.
Recycling and solid waste
There will be regular recycling and solid waste collection for City of Georgetown customers on Monday, September 7. Please place carts at the curb by 7 a.m. on your scheduled pickup day. For questions, call Texas Disposal Systems at (512) 930-1715.
The Collection Station at 250 W.L. Walden Drive will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, September 7.