Disaster Relief Resources for Winter Storm Uri

Feb 25, 2021

Click any of the links below to be taken to that section of the relief guide. For a downloadable version of this document, click here.

For the most up-to-date information, please visit the websites or social media of these organizations.

I. Local Resources

a. Community Resources

      1. General Assistance
      2. Food Assistance
      3. Mental Health Resources
      4. Transportation
      5. Unemployment Benefits
      6. Utilities
      7. Renter/Homeowner’s Resources
      8. Local Aid Organizations

b. Georgetown Services

II. State/Federal Resources

      1. Federal Disaster Relief
      2. Texas Health and Human Services Resources
      3. Public Utility Commission

III. Damage Assessment


Community Resources Assistance

General assistance

2-1-1 Texas

No matter where you live in Texas, you can dial 2-1-1, or (877) 541-7905, and find information about resources in your local community. 2-1-1 Texas is a free, anonymous social service hotline available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Wilco-Forward Phase III Service Agreements

Assistance with rent or utilities. For more information on the Wilco-Forward Phase III Service Agreements, click here.


Opportunities for Williamson & Burnet Counties

The Community Services program through Opportunities for Williamson & Burnet Counties offers assistance with energy costs for low-income residents, COVID-19 emergency assistance, and self-sufficiency/case management.

For more information or to fill out the online application, click here.

The Caring Place

Please call 512-943-0709 and leave a message regarding your need and someone will contact you within 48 business hours with the next steps.  Please do not arrive at The Caring Place office unless instructed by staff.

Food Programs at: https://www.caringplacetx.org/getfood

Item Donation hours at: https://www.caringplacetx.org/donatemystuff

Please note COVID-19 has changed many programs and hours and you will want to check our website or Facebook page before arriving.

Agencies providing food assistance

Local food pantries and school districts are providing emergency food access in our community. If you are in need of food assistance, please call 211.

SNAP Replacement Benefit – SNAP beneficiaries in Williamson county will automatically receive a percentage of their regular benefit amount on their Lone Star card by March 4 to replace lost or destroyed food due to the winter storm.

If you are outside Williamson County and would like to request SNAP benefits to replace lost or destroyed food, Dial 2-1-1, request option 2. If 2-1-1 is not available, you can:

  • Download and complete Form H1855 (Affidavit for Nonreceipt or Destroyed Food Stamp Benefits),
    • Once completed, the form can be faxed to 1-877-447-2839, or
    • Mailed to Texas Health and Human Services Commission, PO Box 149027, Austin, TX 78714-9027.

You have until March 31 to request a benefit replacement.

Texans who get SNAP food benefits can buy hot food such as rotisserie chicken and prepared foods from a store’s deli at retailers who accept SNAP through March 31.

Meals on Wheels – For Meals on Wheels, you may call (512) 763-1400 x 2004 or email cberry@owbc-tx.org. For more information, visit owbc-tx.org

Helping Hands of Georgetown – Offering brown bag lunches at the picnic table in the Georgetown Public Library parking lot at Eighth and MLK Jr. streets around 3:15 p.m. Monday-Thursday and at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. Shelf-stable groceries will also be available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. For more information, visit their website: helpinghandsgtx.org

Central Texas Food Bank – Regional food delivery program delivers fresh and packaged foods to centrally-located drop sites in outlying areas. This is a free service. To find the nearest food pick-up location, click here.

Mental health and healthcare services

Bluebonnet Trails Community Services (local mental health authority)

Appointments or Questions: 1-844-309-6385

24/7 Crisis Hotline: 1-800-841-1255

For more information, visit their website: bbtrails.org

Hill Country Intergroup Austin AA is offering online meetings. Find one here: austinaa.org

Hope Alliance sponsors a domestic abuse hotline and limited shelter.  (800) 460-7233 hopealliancetx.org

Lone Star Circle of Care offers sliding scale health, dental, and behavioral care. (877) 800-5722 lonestarcares.org

Samaritan Center provides counseling, integrative services, and peer support. For more information, call (512) 451-7337, or visit their website, samaritan-center.org Crisis Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

Texas Health and Human Services offers a statewide, toll-free, 24/7 mental health support line to help Texans experiencing anxiety, stress, or emotional challenges because of COVID-19. 833-986-1919.

The Christi Center – grief and loss support https://christicenter.org/

Transportation services

GoGeoTransit Service – Regular GoGeo bus services will resume June 8. Hours will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. There will be no Saturday service. https://gogeo.georgetown.org/

CARTS will continue to provide needed medical trips for dialysis and other critical medical needs for pre-scheduled trips. Rides for qualified paratransit riders can be requested online or through the CARTS Reservation Center by calling (512) 478-7433. https://www.ridecarts.com/routes/

Faith in Action – free rides for adults over 65 https://www.faithinactiongt.org/

Unemployment benefits

Texas Workforce Commission – to apply for unemployment benefits or request a Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) payment, visit their website at twc.texas.gov


City of Georgetown Electric and Water – Customers experiencing a water, wastewater, or electric emergency outage can call (512) 930-3640 or (888) 474-4904 as usual.

Customers wanting to connect or disconnect their utility service can complete their request online at https://gus.georgetown

PEC & Oncor customers:

Please continue to report outages through PEC & Oncor outage-reporting systems:

Oncor: 888-313-4747 / https://stormcenter.oncor.com

PEC: 888-883-3379 / https://outages.pec.coop/dmsoutagemap

Renter/homeowner’s resources

Austin Tenants Council – tenants’ rights and advocacy; includes Williamson county:  https://www.housing-rights.org/

Austin Disaster Relief Network offers emergency support and cleanup, Wilco included, register by March 2, 2021: https://adrn.org/ 512-428-6322

Habitat of Williamson County offers home repair support and operates Re-Store materials stores in Georgetown and Round Rock: https://williamsonhabitat.org/ 512-863-4344

Gas leak test and emergency inspections: 512-930-2550 or permits@georgetown.org

Local aid organizations

First Baptist Georgetown: https://fbg.church/fbghelpcenter/
The Caring Place: https://www.caringplacetx.org/
Central Texas Together:https://www.facebook.com/CentralTexasTogether/
Austin Mutual Aid: https://www.facebook.com/AustinMutualAid/
Austin Disaster Relief Network: https://adrn.org/
Central Texas Red Cross: https://www.redcross.org/local/texas/central-and-south-texas.html
Laundry Love Georgetown: https://www.facebook.com/laundrylovegeorgetown

Georgetown customers 


Report/ask about Georgetown water/electric outages (please check outage maps first): customercare@georgetown.org

Report tree limbs on power lines and in roadways: customercare@georgetown.org

Report public water line leaks: leak@georgetown.org

Request help shutting off water: leak@georgetown.org

Gas leak test and emergency inspections: 512-930-2550 or permits@georgetown.org

Emergency injury, safety, health, fire: 911

State/federal resources

Federal disaster assistance

Apply for federal disaster assistance. The fastest and easiest way to apply is by visiting www.disasterassistance.gov.

If it is not possible to register online, call 800-621-3362 (TTY: 800-462-7585). The toll-free telephone lines operate from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. CDT, seven days a week. Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, Innocaption or CapTel should update FEMA with their specific number assigned to that service.

Read more here.

Texas Health and Human Services

Information on SNAP guidelines, healthcare, housing, and other assistance available from the state can be found here.

Public Utility Commission

The Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUC or PUCT) is a state agency that regulates the state’s electric, water and telecommunication utilities, implements respective legislation, and offers customer assistance in resolving consumer complaints.


Damage assessment

The Governor announced a statewide effort to collect damage assessment data for this unprecedented event. Information is being collected to help officials across the state gain an understanding of damages for individuals throughout Texas.

The Texas Division of Emergency Management has created a simple self-reporting survey for Texans to report their damage and impacts from this recent winter event.  It is very important that residents and businesses report their damage so the State receives the amount of financial support from the federal government needed to assist residents.  Please help spread the word…and if you know friends, neighbors, and colleagues that have experienced some damage or some impacts from this disaster, have them fill out the survey.  Posting this survey on social media is encouraged.

Note: this survey is currently closed.

Individuals report damage

Residents can go online to report damage. https://arcg.is/uOrOb This link will gather the data of the community and business damage impacts (which the city needs for the DSO). 


Link: https://arcg.is/uOrOb

QR Code:


Individual assistance

If you were affected by the winter storms in Texas, you can apply for disaster assistance. Applicants are required to inform FEMA of all insurance coverage such as flood, homeowners, renter’s, etc. that may be available to them. Insured applicants must provide FEMA documentation such as an insurance settlement or denial letter to process their application.

For Texas Residents in the FEMA Declared Counties, please visit https://disasterassistance.gov or call 1-800-621-3362 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CT, 7 days a week.

Business assistance

The SBA offers disaster assistance in the form of low interest loans to businesses, nonprofit organizations, homeowners, and renters located in regions affected by declared disasters. SBA also provides eligible small businesses and nonprofit organizations with working capital to help overcome the economic injury of a declared disaster.

The following link is for residents to sign up for Individual Assistance:


Print Friendly, PDF & Email