City of Georgetown facilities will open to the public at 10 a.m. Monday, Jan. 11, in response to winter weather.
The delayed start includes:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive
- Animal Shelter, 110 W.L. Walden Drive
- Art Center, 816 S. Main St.
- City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Garey Park, 6450 RM 2243
- Georgetown Municipal Complex, 300 Industrial Ave.
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
- Transfer Station, 250 W.L. Walden Drive
- Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh Street
At this time, Texas Disposal Systems is not anticipating changes to trash pickup Monday.
Georgetown residents should avoid travel if possible Monday, particularly in the morning, and exercise caution while driving.
The area received between 2 and 5 inches of snow Sunday. Georgetown street crews treated City bridges, overpasses, and public safety facilities late Saturday afternoon through Sunday night and will remain on-call into Monday in case conditions worsen. While precipitation ended early Sunday evening, temperatures are expected to dip below freezing overnight, and moisture on elevated roadways is anticipated to freeze. Temperatures should get above freezing by about 10 a.m. Monday.
Given the current weather conditions, electric crews also remain on-call to respond to outages caused by an accumulation of snow on power lines.