Memorial Day Closings and Pool Schedule
City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, May 25 for the Memorial Day holiday. This includes the following:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive
- Animal Shelter, 110 W.L. Walden Drive
- City Hall, 113 E. Eighth Street
- Library, 402 W. Eighth Street
- Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Avenue
- Municipal Court, 101 E. Seventh Street
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College Street
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Avenue (Splash Pool open)
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
- Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh Street
Pools open Memorial Day weekend
Below are hours for City pools on Memorial Day weekend.
Seasonal Outdoor Pools: Williams Drive, Tennis Center, Village, and River Ridge pools will be open 1 to 7 p.m. on Saturday, May 23 through Monday, May 25.
Outdoor Splash Pool at the Recreation Center will be open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, May 23 and from 1 to 7 p.m. on Monday, May 25.
All outdoor pools will open for normal summer hours on Saturday, May 30.
For details, go to aquatics.georgetown.org or call (512) 930-3596.
Solid waste and recycling
There will be normal solid waste and recycling collection for City of Georgetown customers on Monday, May 25. Carts should be at the curb by 7 a.m. on pickup day. The Collection Station at 250 W.L. Walden Drive will be open normal hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Monday, May 25 for the Memorial Day holiday.