Memorial Day closings, ceremony May 29
City of Georgetown offices will be closed Monday, May 29, for the Memorial Day holiday. There will be normal solid waste and recycling collection on May 29.
The annual Memorial Day Ceremony will start at 9:30 a.m. May 29 in Sun City. Details below.
City offices closed May 29
City offices and facilities closed May 29 for Memorial Day include the following:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive
- Animal Shelter, 110 Walden Drive
- Art Center, 816 S. Main St.
- City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Council and Courts Building (including Municipal Court), 510 W. Ninth St.
- Georgetown Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Grace Heritage Center, 817 S. Main St.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Planning Department, 809 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center, Police Records, and Fire Support Services offices, 3500 D.B. Wood Road
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
- Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh St.
Facilities open May 29
- Garey Park, 6450 RM 2243, will be open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Collection Station, 250 W.L. Walden Drive, will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Pools open Memorial Day weekend
The Recreation Center Outdoor, Williams Drive, River Ridge, and Village pools will open for the summer season Saturday, May 27. The Recreation Center Outdoor Pool will be closed May 28-29. River Ridge Pool will be closed May 29. For more information, call 512-930-3596 or visit parks.georgetown.org/pools-and-splash-pads.
Splash pads: The splash pads at San Jose Park, 1707 San Jose St.; Downtown, 816 S. Main St.; and Rabbit Hill Park, 1109 Blue Ridge Drive, are open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day through Sept. 30. The splash pad at Garey Park is open daily during park hours from April 1-Oct. 31. The Garey Park splash pad closes 30 minutes prior to park closing.
GoGeo paratransit service
There will be no service Monday, May 29.
Solid Waste and Recycling Collection
There will be normal solid waste and recycling collection for City of Georgetown customers on Monday, May 29. Carts should be at the curb by 7 a.m. on pickup day. The Collection Station, 250 W.L. Walden Drive, will be open normal hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Monday, May 29, for the Memorial Day holiday.
For questions about solid waste collection, call TDS at 512-930-1715
Memorial Day Ceremony and Reception
The annual Memorial Day Ceremony will start at 9:30 a.m. Monday, May 29, at the Georgetown-Williamson County Veterans Memorial Plaza in Sun City, 2 Texas Drive. The event will honor the men and women of our armed forces who gave their lives in service to our country and our freedom. Guest speaker will be Gov. Greg Abbott.