Thanksgiving facility closures, events
City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed Thursday and Friday, Nov. 24 and 25, for the Thanksgiving holiday. There is no solid waste and recycling collection on Thanksgiving Day (details below).
City offices closed for Thanksgiving
The City offices and facilities closed Nov. 24 and 25 for the Thanksgiving holiday include the following:
- Animal Shelter, 110 Walden Drive
- Art Center, 816 S. Main St.
- City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Council and Courts Building (including Municipal Court), 510 W. Ninth St.
- Georgetown Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Grace Heritage Center, 817 S. Main St.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Planning Department, 809 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth St. The library will close early at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 23
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center, Police Records, and Fire Support Services offices, 3500 D.B. Wood Road
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
Facilities closed Thursday, Nov. 24, and open Friday, Nov. 25
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive
- Collection Station, 250 W.L. Walden Drive
- Garey Park, 6450 RM 2243
- Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh St.
GoGeo limited paratransit and 65 and older bus service
There will be no service Thursday and Friday, Nov. 24 and 25.
Recycling and solid waste
There will be no trash or recycling pickup for Texas Disposal Systems customers in the City of Georgetown on Thursday, Nov. 24. Solid waste collection for Thursday and Friday slides one day:
- Thursday slides to Friday
- Friday slides to Saturday
Solid waste and recycling carts should be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on pickup day. For questions, call TDS at 512-930-1715.
Georgetown has multiple events the week and weekend of Thanksgiving, including:
- Community Thanksgiving: Members of the public are invited to enjoy a free Thanksgiving meal from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 24, at the Georgetown Community Center, 445 E. Morrow St. The meal, offered at a first-come, first-served basis, is planned and supported by the Georgetown Fire and Police departments.
- Lighting of the Square: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 25, on the east steps of the historic Williamson County Courthouse, 710 S. Main St.
- Shop Small Saturday: Starting at 10 a.m. Nov. 26, holiday shoppers and visitors are encouraged to celebrate the season and support small business by shopping at locally owned businesses. Participating retailers and restaurants will have specials available.