City of Georgetown offices will be closed Monday, Jan. 17, in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday. There will be normal solid waste and recycling collection on Jan. 17.
City offices and facilities closed Jan. 17 for MLK Day include the following:
- Animal Shelter, 110 Walden Drive
- Art Center, 816 S. Main St.
- City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Council and Courts Building (including Municipal Court), 510 W. Ninth St.
- Georgetown Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Grace Heritage Center, 817 S. Main St. (reservations for Jan. 17 can be made in advance).
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Planning Department, 809 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center, Police Records, and Fire Support Services offices, 3500 D.B. Wood Road
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
Offices open Jan. 17
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive, will be open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Garey Park, 6450 RM 2243, will be open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Collection Station at 250 W.L. Walden Drive will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Visitors Center at 103 W. Seventh St. will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
GoGeo paratransit service
There will be no service Monday, Jan. 17.
Solid Waste and Recycling Collection
There will be normal residential solid waste and recycling collection for Texas Disposal Systems customers in the City of Georgetown on Monday, Jan. 17. For questions about solid waste collection, call TDS at 512-930-1715.
Curative COVID-19 testing site
The COVID-19 testing site located at 707 S. Martin Luther King Jr. St. (near the Georgetown Public Library) will be open Monday, Jan. 17.
MLK Day events
There are several groups hosting a variety of in-person and virtual events in honor of MLK Day. To find more information, visit this page.