The City will host a free household hazardous waste collection event from 3-6 p.m. May 12 at the former show barn site in San Gabriel Park, 425 E. Morrow St.
The event will be available for up to 300 Georgetown solid waste customers who have solid waste service through Texas Disposal Systems. Customers must contact Customer Care at 512-930-3640 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have their name placed on a list. Please include your name, address, and utility account number when emailing customer care. Customers must have their name on the list to participate.
Due to COVID-19 safety measures, residents must remain in their vehicles during the no-contact collection. Staff will unload items from the back seat or trunk of the vehicle.
All items to be dropped off must be in their marked original containers. Commercial disposal and trailers are not allowed.
Acceptable items include:
- Batteries (household, hearing aids, cell phone, etc.)
- Automobile batteries
- Pool and spa chemicals
- Used oil/oil filters (up to five gallons per vehicle)
- Transmission fluid
- Light bulbs (including regular, compact, and four-foot fluorescent)
- Over the counter, residential lawn and garden chemicals
- Household cleaners and disinfectants marked caution, warning, or poison
- Art and hobby chemicals
- Paint (up to 10 gallons per vehicle)
- Over the counter one-pound disposal propane bottles
- Gasoline (up to five gallons per vehicle)
Unacceptable items include:
- Unmarked containers or unknown chemicals
- Construction, commercial, or landscape waste
- Professional, concentrated chemicals that require a professional license to mix
- Medications or pharmaceuticals
- Oxygen tanks
- Explosives (including ammunition and fireworks)
- Radioactive materials
- Biological materials
Debris from the winter storm, including construction materials, will not be accepted at this event. Additional household hazardous waste collection events are being planned for 2021.
For more information about the City’s solid waste and recycling services, visit recycle.georgetown.org.
Williamson County is also hosting a household hazardous waste collection event open to all county residents from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, April 24 at the Leander Public Works Department, 607 Municipal Drive, in Leander. For more information, call 512-759-8881, option 4 or visit https://bit.ly/3648ZYX.