City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, and Friday, Nov. 27, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. There is no solid waste or recycling collection on Thanksgiving Day (details below).
City facilities and offices closed Nov. 26-27 include the following:
- Animal Shelter, 110 W.L. Walden Drive
- City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Economic Development, 808 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Municipal Court, 510 W. Ninth St.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Planning, 809 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center, Police Records and Fire Support Services offices, 3500 D.B. Wood Road
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
Other Facility Closures
The facilities listed below will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26, and open these hours on Friday, Nov. 27:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive, open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Garey Park, 6450 RM 2243, open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Transfer Station, 250 W. L. Walden Drive, open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh St., open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Georgetown Public Library will close at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 25, and reopen for curbside service from 10 a.m.-noon and 2-5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 28.
GoGeo bus service
There will be no GoGeo bus service on Thursday, Nov. 26, Friday, Nov. 27, or Saturday, Nov. 28. Buses will resume normal operation on Monday, Nov. 30.
Solid Waste & Recycling
There will be no trash or recycling pickup for Texas Disposal Systems customers in the City of Georgetown on Thursday, Nov. 26. Solid waste collection for Thursday and Friday slides one day:
- Thursday slides to Friday
- Friday slides to Saturday
Solid waste and recycling carts should be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on pickup day. For questions, call TDS at (512) 930-1715.
The Transfer Station at 250 W. L. Walden Drive will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 26 (Thanksgiving Day), but open regular hours, which are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Friday, Nov. 27.