City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, Sept. 2, for the Labor Day holiday. This includes these locations:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive
- Animal Shelter, 110 W.L. Walden Drive
- City Hall, 808 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Economic Development, 808 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Municipal Court, 510 W. Ninth St.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Planning Department, 406 W. Eighth St.
- Public Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center lobby,
3500 D.B. Wood Road
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
The Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh St., will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Garey Park, 6450 RM 2243, will be open 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
Swimming Pools and Aquatics
The Williams Drive pool at 3201 Williams Drive will reopen for three days starting Saturday, Aug. 31, through Monday, Sept. 2. The hours will be 1 to 7 p.m. each of those days. Other outdoor seasonal pools have closed for the summer season.
The splash pads at San Jose Park, 1707 San Jose St., Rabbit Hill Park, 1109 Blue Ridge Drive, and at the Art Center, 816 S. Main St., will remain open through the month of September. The splash pad at Garey Park, 6450 RM 2243, will be open through October, weather permitting.
GoGeo bus service
There will be no service Monday, Sept. 2.
Recycling and solid waste
There will be regular recycling and solid waste collection for City of Georgetown customers on Monday, Sept. 2. Please place carts at the curb by 7 a.m. on your scheduled pickup day. For questions, call Texas Disposal Systems at (512) 930-1715.
The Collection Station at 250 W.L. Walden Drive will be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 2.