Thanksgiving holiday city facility closings
City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 22, and Friday, Nov. 23, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. There is no solid waste or recycling collection on Thanksgiving Day (details below).
City facilities and offices closed Nov. 22-23 include the following:
- Animal Shelter, 110 Walden Drive
- City Hall, 113 E. Eighth St.
- Economic Development, 809 Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Municipal Court, 101 E. Seventh St.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Planning, 406 W. Eighth St.
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center, Police Records and Fire Support Services offices, 3500 D.B. Wood Road
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
Other Facility Closures
The facilities listed below will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 22, and open these hours on Friday, Nov. 23:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive, open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Collection Station, 250 W. L. Walden Drive, open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Garey Park, 6450 RM 2243, open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh St., open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Georgetown Public Library will close at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 21, and reopen for normal hours at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 24.
GoGeo bus service
There will be no GoGeo bus service on Thursday, Nov. 22, or Friday, Nov. 23. Buses will resume normal operation on Saturday, Nov. 24.
Solid Waste & Recycling
There will be no trash or recycling pickup for Texas Disposal Systems customers in the City of Georgetown on Thursday, Nov. 22. Solid waste collection for Thursday and Friday slides one day:
- Thursday slides to Friday
- Friday slides to Saturday
Solid waste and recycling carts should be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on pickup day. For questions, call TDS at (512) 930-1715.
The Collection Station at 250 W. L. Walden Drive will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 22 (Thanksgiving Day), but open regular hours, which are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Friday, Nov. 23.
Note that the Williamson County Recycle Center at 495 CR 156, which accepts vouchers for household hazardous waste, is closed Sunday, Nov. 18 through Sunday, Nov. 25.