Early in-person voting ends Nov. 2 for Nov. 6 election
Tomorrow, Nov. 2, is the last day of in-person early voting for the Nov. 6 election.
Ballots in the City of Georgetown include Proposition A, which is the reauthorization of a dedicated 0.25 percent sales tax for street maintenance. The 0.25 sales tax was approved in 2002 and was re-approved by the voters in 2006, 2010, and 2014. It must be reauthorized every four years.
Polling location hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Vote at these Early Voting locations in Georgetown:
- Cowan Creek Amenity Center, 1433 Cool Springs Way
- Georgetown ISD Administration Building, 603 Lakeway Drive
- Georgetown Parks and Recreation Administration Building,
1101 N. College St.
- Randalls, 5721 Williams Drive
- Williamson County Inner Loop Annex, 301 SE Inner Loop
Voters may cast a ballot at any Early Voting location in Williamson County during Early Voting. For a complete list, go to wilco.org/elections.
Photo ID: Voters are required by Texas state law to show photo identification. For a list of acceptable ID, go to wilco.org/elections.
To find out more about the Nov. 6 election in Georgetown, visit Georgetown.org. To look up a sample ballot, visit wilco.org/elections.
Election Day rides
For Georgetown residents, rides are free on GoGeo buses on Election Day, Nov. 6, to help get voters to the polls. Note these GoGeo bus stops near Election Day Vote Center locations on Nov. 6:
- Orange Route stop on Eighth at Myrtle streets: 4 blocks to Vote Center at Main Street Baptist Ministry Center, 111 W. 10th St.
- Purple Route stop on 17th at Hart streets: 2 blocks to Vote Center at Georgetown Housing Authority, 210 W. 18th St.
- Blue Route stop on River Bend at Westwood Lane: 3 blocks to Vote Center at Georgetown ISD Admin, 603 Lakeway Drive
Georgetown residents can also use the City’s Lyft promo code to get up to $10 off rides that originate in the Georgetown city limits. Passengers are responsible for the first $2 of the cost of the ride. To use the promotion on a Lyft ride in Georgetown, download the Lyft app on an iPhone or Android smartphone and set up a Lyft account using a credit card. Then add the code GTOWNTX18 to the promo section of the Lyft app before requesting a ride.
Uber is also offering $10 off a single ride to the polls on Election Day. Visit https://www.uber.com/newsroom/update-uber-drives-vote for more details.