City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed on Monday, May 28, for the Memorial Day holiday. This includes the following:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive
- Animal Shelter, 110 W.L. Walden Drive
- City Hall, 113 E. Eighth St.
- Historic Light and Water Works Building, 406 W. Eighth St.
- Library, 402 W. Eighth St.
- Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Ave.
- Municipal Court, 101 E. Seventh St.
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College St.
- Planning Department, 406 W. Eighth St.
- Public Safety Operations and Training Center, Police Records and Fire Support Services offices, 3500 D.B. Wood Road
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Ave.
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
The Visitors Center, located at 103 W. Seventh St., will be open from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Monday, May 28.
GoGeo bus service
There will be no service Monday, May 28.
Pools open Memorial Day weekend
All seasonal outdoor pools will open Saturday, May 26, and Sunday, May 27, but will close May 29-31. The pools will reopen June 1 and remain open for normal summer hours. Below are hours for City pools on Memorial Day.
Seasonal Outdoor Pools: The Village, River Ridge, and Williams Drive pools will be open 1 to 7 p.m. on Monday, May 28. The Tennis Center Pool will be closed on Monday, May 28.
Outdoor Play Pool at the Recreation Center will be open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, May 26. The play pool will be closed May 27-May 31 and will reopen for normal hours Friday, June 1.
Splash pads: The splash pads at San Jose Park, 1707 San Jose St. and Downtown, 816 S. Main St. are both open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. each day through Sept. 30.
For details, go to parks.georgetown.org/aquatics or call (512) 930-3596.
Solid waste and recycling
There will be normal solid waste and recycling collection for City of Georgetown customers on Monday, May 28. Carts should be at the curb by 7 a.m. on pickup day. The Collection Station at 250 W.L. Walden Drive will be open normal hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Monday, May 28, for the Memorial Day holiday.