Arts and Culture Board seeks grant proposals
The Georgetown Arts and Culture Board is seeking grant proposals for art, music, theatre, and cultural heritage events or projects happening Dec. 1, 2017-Sept. 30, 2018. Nonprofit organizations, schools, informal arts and culture organizations, and individual artists who are creating public art or an event open to the public are eligible to apply.
Grant proposals must be submitted by midnight, Saturday, Sept. 30.
Proposals should include:
• Contact information for someone who is readily available to answer questions about the proposal
• Purpose and description of the event or project
• Amount being requested and total budget, including other anticipated funding sources
• Date, location, admission charge, and anticipated attendance
• Size and demographic makeup of past audiences or participants
Special consideration will be given for events or projects that meet one or more of these criteria:
• Offer free admission
• Include outreach to populations that are traditionally underrepresented
• Have a cultural tourism or economic impact
Organizations or individuals that receive funding will be required to follow up by:
• Recognizing the City of Georgetown Arts and Culture Board in their advertising and programs
• Submitting a one-page report to the Arts and Culture Board no later than Oct. 31, 2018, with a description of the use of grant funds and copies of event promotion materials
Organizations will be notified by email about funding decisions by October 31, 2017.
More information, including a link to the online form, is available at arts.georgetown.org/grants.