City of Georgetown offices and facilities will be closed on Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. There is no solid waste or recycling collection on Thanksgiving Day (details below).
City facilities and offices closed November 26 – 27 include the following:
- Animal Shelter, 110 Walden Drive
- City Hall, 113 E. Eighth Street
- Library, 402 W. Eighth Street
- Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Avenue
- Municipal Court, 101 E. Seventh Street
- Parks and Recreation Administration, 1101 N. College Street
- Recreation Center, 1003 N. Austin Avenue
- Tennis Center, 400 Serenada Drive
Other Facility Closures
These facilities will be closed on Thursday, November 26 and open these hours on Friday, November 27:
- Airport Terminal, 500 Terminal Drive, open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Collection Station, 250 W. L. Walden Drive, open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Visitors Center, 103 W. Seventh Street, open 3 to 7 p.m.
The Georgetown Public Library will close at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25 and reopen for normal hours at 9 a.m. on Saturday, November 28.
Solid Waste & Recycling
There will be no trash or recycling pickup for Texas Disposal Systems customers in the City of Georgetown on Thursday, November 26. Solid waste collection for Thursday and Friday slides one day:
- Thursday slides > to Friday
- Friday slides > to Saturday
Solid waste and recycling carts should be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on pickup day. For questions, call TDS at (512) 930-1715.
The Collection Station at 250 W. L. Walden Drive will be closed on Thursday, November 26 (Thanksgiving Day), but open regular hours, which are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Friday, November 27.
Note also that the Williamson County Recycle Center at 495 CR 156, which accepts vouchers for household hazardous waste, is closed Sunday, November 22 through Sunday, November 29.