The Georgetown Animal Shelter is undertaking some major renovations to the shelter and will be closed January 16-26.
The building was used as a pump house by the City until the shelter took over the building in 2005, almost ten years ago, and the floors are badly worn. Renovations include sandblasting the floors and resurfacing them and repainting the interior of the building.
Services will be provided on a limited basis during the time that the shelter is closed. Frequently-requested services are listed below, along with directions on how to proceed:
- Pet licenses – Send paperwork and payment (if applicable) to Georgetown Animal Shelter, PO Box 409, Georgetown, TX 78627. License tags will be mailed back to you.
- Animal Control issues, such as loose dogs or animal-related complaints – Call the non-emergency police number at 512-930-3510. Dispatchers will send out Animal Control Officers, as usual.
- Lost and found animals – Call the shelter at 512-930-3592 and/or email email@example.com with a description.
- Surrendering a pet – Call the shelter at 512-930-3592 to schedule an appointment. Pets will be accepted through the gates at the rear of the shelter.
- Adoptions – Cats/kittens may still be adopted from PetSmart (Wolf Ranch) during this time, and dogs may be seen at two adoption events – January 17 and 24 at the PetSmart near Ikea in Round Rock.